- 2:49 pm - Tue, Sep 25, 2012
Want bragging rights? We know you do.
Apply to be named one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work — a list of the best work environments with stories about the companies and what makes them great workplaces.
- 1:39 pm - Thu, Mar 22, 2012
- 2 notes
Illinois jobless rate falls again, to 9.1%: The Illinois unemployment rate fell 0.3 percentage points in February to 9.1 percent, with employers adding 6,500 jobs. The drop from January’s rate marks the sixth consecutive month of decline, according to the Illinois Department of Employment Security.
- 2:24 pm - Thu, Mar 1, 2012
- 2 notes
Illinois unemployment rate dips to 9.4%: Unemployment in Illinois fell 0.3 percentage points to 9.4 percent in January, as the state added 3,800 jobs, according to the Illinois Department of Employment Security.
Other notable numbers from the report:
- Illinois’ 9.4 percent January rate matches the state’s average for all of 2011.
- Illinois’ jobless rate remains more than a full point above the national average, which dropped to 8.3 percent in January.
- The number of residents unemployed in Illinois in January declined for the fifth consecutive month, by 18,100 people to 620,300.
Credit: Illinois Department of Employment Security