Good news! We’re hiring three (paid!) full-time interns — including a social media intern to manage this account. Here’s who we’re looking for:
Social media intern:
Crain’s Chicago Business is currently seeking a paid intern to assist with community management and online reporting. Applicants should have experience in both reporting and community management beyond personal social media accounts. Immersion in social media is a must, understanding of the business community and digital trends is key.
This internship is full-time, based in Chicago, and will last for approximately six months.
- Monitor, build and maintain Crain’s active presence on a number of social channels including: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, LinkedIn and FourSquare.
- Assist in developing and expanding new reporting methods.
- Covering breaking news for the website, including in-person events.
- Monitor online conversations and respond accordingly; watch for key trends and potential story ideas.
- Foster a sense of community online that encourages Crain’s readers to actively engage and participate in discussion, and feel invested in our online community.
- Serve as key source of digital trends for newsroom.
- Experience managing social accounts for a news organization or similar company.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both on and offline.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and act quickly.
Research interns (2):
Crain’s Chicago Business is looking to hire two paid interns to work full-time in the research department. Interns will be responsible for the “Who’s Who in Chicago Business,” an annual directory featuring 750+ movers and shakers in Chicago. Duties will include surveying, compiling data, organizing/managing all incoming responses, conducting extensive web research and hammering through countless e-mails and phone calls—all while keeping the whole project organized along the way.
The internship is full-time (M-F during normal business hours) from May through early September. Depending on availability, we may start the internship even sooner. Please note that this internship will involve very little writing (if any), but will provide the intern with a portfolio-worthy finished product and a wealth of marketable research skills. While primary responsibilities will pertain to the Who’s Who project, the intern may also assist with other research department projects as needed.
The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, incredibly thorough, has top-notch time-management skills and possesses superb phone etiquette. Copy editing experience and a familiarity with Chicago business is a plus.
Sound interesting? Send us a message for directions on how to apply!
Here’s a list of Chicago restaurants that are taking advantage of the record-setting temperatures:
• Athena Greek Restaurant, 212 S. Halsted St., 150 patio seats
• Bella Bacino’s, 75 E. Wacker Drive, 72 seats
• Carmine’s, 1043 N. Rush St., 78 seats
• Carnivale, 702 W. Fulton St., 30 seats
• Chicago Cut Steakhouse, 300 N. LaSalle St., 120 seats
• Davanti Enoteca, 1359 W. Taylor St., opens Friday night, 30 seats
• Elate at Hotel Felix, 111 W. Huron St., 26 seats
• Emerald Loop, 216 N. Wabash Ave., 80 seats
• Francesca’s Forno, 1576 N. Milwaukee Ave., 26 open-air seats
• Frontier, 1072 N. Milwaukee Ave., 100 seats
• Hoyt’s at Hotel 71, 71 E. Wacker Drive, 60 seats
• Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House, 1024 N. Rush St., 50 seats
• Lottie’s Pub, 1925 W. Cortland St., 63 seats
• Luxbar, 18 E. Bellevue Place, 56 seats
• M Burger, 5 W. Ontario St., 40 seats
• McCormick & Schmick’s, 1 E. Wacker Drive, 16 seats
• Mercadito, 108 W. Kinzie St. 25 seats
• Osteria via Stato, 620 N. State St., 88 seats
• Phil Stefani’s 437 Rush, 437 N. Rush St., 45 seats
• Piccolo Sogno, 464 N. Halsted St., about 150 seats
• The Pony, 1638 W. Belmont Ave., 15 seats
• Quartino Ristorante, 626 N. State St., 85 seats
• Riva Crab House on Navy Pier, 700 E. Grand Ave., 175 seats
• The Rosebud, 1500 W. Taylor St., 64 seats
• Rosebud Prime, 1 S. Dearborn St., 48 seats
• Rosebud on Rush, 720 N. Rush St., 54 seats
• Rosebud Steakhouse, 192 E. Walton St., 12 seats
• Rosebud Trattoria, 442 N. Dearborn St., 28 seats
• South Branch Tavern & Grill, 100 S. Wacker Drive, 100 seats
• Sweetwater Tavern & Grill, 225 N. Michigan Ave., 100 seats
• Tavern on Rush, 1031 N. Rush St., 114 seats
Chicagoans also are tweeting with glee about the early outdoor dining, including open patios at Prasino, Boka Group’s GT Fish & Oyster and Boka, RL, Moe’s Cantina, Schuba’s, and Big Star.
Who’d we miss?